Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A happy place


You would think that living a mile from the beach we'd be there every second of every day. But we're not. It's a maybe once a week but most likely every other week, kind of thing. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. It's probably because I'm super lazy and don't want to deal with all of that sand. It's a lame excuse, I know. But our negative presence at the beach ended last week and when we met up with a few friends. It was a beautiful beach day. The water was a bit rough...okay a lot rough, the kids got worked ha. But the weather was amazing and it helped remind that I do actually, very much, love the beach.

Over the "cold months," October to January, I crave cold, snowy weather and complain about how I hate the warm weather and how I prefer snowy mountains to the bright blue ocean. And then I step outside on wonderful days like this, and question my sanity during those months.

So if I go missing for a few weeks, I'll most likely be here. Soaking up all the sun rays and skin cancer.
 
 
 
 
-don't mind the obnoxiously bright yellow floaties with the awesome bright pink pale-

No comments:

Post a Comment