Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pineapple Basil Juice

Oh the last of summer is coming. And I can't say that I am too upset about it. I am definitely a "fall time" kind of girl. I'd take boots and a sweater any day over shorts and sandals.
With that being said, one of the things I do love about summer is making delicious drinks that taste like summer. 
And you guys, this is seriously one of the best drinks you will ever have! Please don't let the list of ingredients freak you out. It sounds a bit odd, but it is super light and refreshing and I promise you won't be able to stop drinking this.
Not only is it super delicious, but the ingredients have so many health benefits...minus the sugar of course ;) My husband was even shocked at how much he enjoyed it.
And well,  let's be honest, I was shocked he even agreed to drink it.
I always make this in a blender but I am curious as to how it would turn out using a juicer.
So if any of you guys have a juicer and try this,
come back to me and let me know how it goes!

Here is what you'll need:


Ingredients

1 pineapple, peeled and cored
1-2 handfuls fresh basil
1 lemon, juiced
1/2-1 cup of sugar, depending on your sweetness preference
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
10 cups water
A sieve/fine mesh strainer

In a blender add pineapple, basil, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, ginger and 1 cup of water. Blend until completely smooth. I use my Blendtec "whole juice" setting and run it twice to make sure it's as smooth as possible.  In a large pitcher add the remaining 9 cups of water, or split in to 2 pitchers. Through your sieve, strain your juice mixture into your pitcher of water to eliminate any fibers leftover from the pineapple and ginger. Stir/shake and serve over ice. The juice will separate as it sits, so just make sure to give it a good stir before each serving. Enjoy!

*Recipe courtesy of my mother-in-law

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting recipe!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. three chi Brookside CBD Wellness Center is a CBD shop that is owned by a professional pharmacist in East Tennessee. We understand how therapeutic CBD is and the healing

    ReplyDelete