Monday, February 2, 2015

Cupid's Arrow Cake Pops!

Happy February everyone! 
Can anyone else believe that January has come and gone? This year is already going way too fast. 
I can't say that I'm too sad about it at the moment though. 
I am so looking forward to finally moving in to our place and setting up our home. 
And it'll be nice to get back to some normalcy.

With that being said, I thought it would be fun to celebrate the beginning of the month with a little Valentine's Day post. 
Any excuse to bake, right?

What you'll need

24 cake pops (recipe and instructions here)
gold sprinkles *
1 sheet of gold glitter paper
glue gun

*After you dip each cake pop, sprinkle a small amount of your gold sprinkles on the tops. Make sure your chocolate is still wet, or else they won't stick. Set them in your Styrofoam to dry.

Once your cake pops are dry, it's time to assemble your arrows. Start by cutting out the ends of your arrows in your gold paper. 
I cut little slits on the sides to show some feathering. 
Place a small dab of glue on at the end of your stick and glue on one of your arrow's ends. 

And that's it! Now you have some adorable treats to serve up for your special Valentine.
And one last thing while we're on the topic of Valentine's Day.
Has anyone checked out Minted's Valentine's Day card selection? 
They have some seriously adorable foil pressed cards that I'm slightly obsessed with. 
Here are just a few of my favorites.
1
| 3 |
| 4 |
Go check them all out, you won't be disappointed, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment