Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Stove Top Potpourri

Today I am sharing 2 ways I make my home feel like Christmas. 
One of my favorite ways to make my home smell like Christmas is by making a simmering pot of delicious smells.
These are seriously so easy to throw together and you can do just about any flavor combination you love. 
I love the smell of apples, citrus, and cinnamon, so that's what I threw into my pot.
So in place of lighting a candle, try this instead! 
Your home will smell so yummy that your husband will actually comment on how great the house smelled as soon he walked in the door. 
True story. 

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1 granny smith apple, sliced
1 orange, sliced
3 whole cinnamon sticks
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
4 cups of water

Dump all of your ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and simmer over low heat for hours. If your level starts to get low, add a few cups of water and keep simmering. My pot lasts me about 3 days before I dump it out and start with a fresh batch. Enjoy your delicious smelling home!

*never leave your pot simmering while you are out of the house. This should be common sense but sometimes things get forgotten, and I don't want to be responsible for any one's homes burning down. Thanks.
The second way I bring on the Christmas joy is by playing Christmas music all day long.
 I know people are sticklers when it comes to their taste in Christmas music. 
I know this because I am one of them. I am very picky.
 I can't help it that some arrangements are just better than others.
(I'm reading this in my mind like Gretchen Wieners)
 Here is a summarized list of my favorite songs for the season!
 Happy 1st of December!


No comments:

Post a Comment