Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade


I think I post this drink on every site I've ever had (2 sites) but it's just so dang good, I feel guilty keeping it to myself. 
I learned this recipe from one of my Young Women's leaders like 13 years ago. And It's honestly like liquid heaven. 
I almost hate making it for events because I do not want to share it. I hoard it. I don't even tell my husband when I make it because I don't him to have any. 
I'm selfish, and I'm okay with it. I've accepted it :) 
So to keep me from looking like the bad guy and never sharing the goodness, I will just pass the recipe along so you can make it and hoard it for yourself!


Ingredients

2 lbs fresh (or frozen (thawed) if out of season) hulled strawberries
1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 bottles of sparkling water (you'll need about a liter and a half)

Directions: Slice strawberries and place in blender. Add 1/2 cup sugar. If you want a more sour lemonade, use 2 cups lemon juice, for a little more subtle taste use 1 1/2 cups. Pour lemon juice into blender. Next, make a simple syrup. To do so, boil the last 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water. Reduce and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 min. Now add the simple syrup to blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into a pitcher and add sparkling water slowly. Stir with a large spoon. Chill for about 2 hours or serve over ice immediately because really, it's just too good to wait for.


1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Is this the one you made at Brittney's shower? I thought it had sweet and condensed milk in it? Do you have another fancy citrus drink you make with sweet and condensed milk? lmk

    ReplyDelete